Frequently Asked Questions
1. Do you have a workers' compensation question or problem and need help?As an independent agency, the Office of Injured Employee Counsel helps injured employees with the workers' compensation system. Our toll free number is 1-866-EZE-OIEC (393-6432). We can also refer you to other state agencies or entities that provide services that can assist you. To learn more about the services we offer, click here.
2. Which local field office is assigned to assist me with my claim?
3. Do you need information regarding the workers' compensation claim process?
4. What workers' compensation benefits might I be entitled to?
5. Do you need information regarding a workers' compensation healthcare network?
6. How do I file a complaint?
Depending on the reason for your complaint, your complaint may be filed with OIEC or possibly with the Division of Workers' Compensation. Please see the "How Do I File a Complaint?" page to best direct your complaint.
7. Does OIEC provide public speaking services?
Yes we do! OIEC can provide someone to explain "who" OIEC is and "what" we do for injured employees involved in the Texas workers' compensation system. If you would like to request an OIEC speaker for any speaking engagement or conference please send a request to our OIEC inbox at OIECInbox@oiec.state.tx.us and we will respond to your request.
8. Where can I find OIEC Brochures, Flyers and Newsletters?