Office of Injured Employee Counsel
1-866-EZE-OIEC · 1-866-393-6432Home | Contact OIEC | About OIEC | Español | Help | Translate Page

Frequently Asked Questions

1. Do you have a workers' compensation question or problem and need help?

As an independent agency, the Office of Injured Employee Counsel helps injured employees with the workers' compensation system. Our toll free number is 1-866-EZE-OIEC (393-6432). We can also refer you to other state agencies or entities that provide services that can assist you. Visit our About the Office of Injured Employee Counsel webpage for more information. 

2. Which local field office is assigned to assist me with my claim?

For many issues, the Office of Injured Employee Counsel can assist you over the phone. However, if you need to speak to someone in person, please refer to the field office by county list to determine which field office is assigned to assist you based upon where you live.

3. Do you need information regarding the workers' compensation claim process?

Our Injured Employee Home Page is a single source page for injured employees to help you throughout the entire workers' compensation claim process.

4. What workers' compensation benefits might I be entitled to?

The Texas Department of Insurance, Division of Workers' Compensation has information about benefits on the TDI-DWC website.

5. Do you need information regarding a workers' compensation healthcare network?

The Texas Department of Insurance provides network information for injured employees, employers, health care providers, and insurance carriers. This web page provides important information that you should know if you have been injured at work as well as information about certified networks and filing a complaint. General workers' compensation health care network information may also be accessed in Spanish, Korean, Chinese, or Vietnamese at the link above.

6. How do I file a complaint?

Depending on the reason for your complaint, your complaint may be filed with OIEC or possibly with the Division of Workers' Compensation. More information is available on the "How Do I File a Complaint?" webpage.

7. Does OIEC provide public speaking services?

Yes we do! OIEC can provide someone to explain "who" OIEC is and "what" we do for injured employees involved in the Texas workers' compensation system. If you would like to request an OIEC speaker for any speaking engagement or conference please send a request to and we will respond to your request.

8. Where can I find OIEC Brochures, Flyers and Newsletters?

You can download OIEC publications from the Publications webpage. You can request hard copies of the publications by emailing