211 Texas - Connecting People and Services
Need help and do not know where to go? 2-1-1 Texas helps you find information on services in your area providing: food, shelter, rent assistance, utility bill assistance, counseling, child care, after school programs, senior services, disaster relief, and other programs.
- Texas Department of Insurance http://www.tdi.texas.gov/ - The Texas Department of Insurance regulates the Texas insurance industry
- Texas Department of Insurance, Division of Workers' Compensation http://www.tdi.texas.gov/wc/indexwc.html - This division administers the workers' compensation system and helps deliver benefits to injured employees.
- TXCOMP - This online system allows injured employee to file claims in English or Spanish regarding an on-the-job injury. http://www.tdi.texas.gov/wc/txcomp.html
Return to Work Services
- Texas Workforce Commission http://www.twc.state.tx.us/ - The Texas Workforce Commission is charged with overseeing and providing workforce development services to employers and job seekers of Texas.
- If your job-related injury is keeping you from returning to work, Texas Workforce Solutions – Vocational Rehabilitation Services (formerly Department of Assistive and Rehabilitative Services) may be able to help. Vocational Rehabilitation provides a variety of services that can help injured employees get back to work. For more information about their services, please call (800) 628-5115 or visit the Texas Workforce Commission website at www.texasworkforce.org.
- CareerOneStop - A source for employment information and inspiration. A place to manage your career. Tools to help job seekers , students , businesses and career professionals (sponsored by the U.S. Department of Labor).
Workplace Safety and Health
- The Occupational Safety and Health Administration - http://www.osha.gov/ - OSHA's mission is to assure the safety and health of America's workers by setting and enforcing standards; providing training, outreach, and education; establishing partnerships; and encouraging continual improvement in workplace safety and health
Texas Department of Insurance, Division of Workers' Compensation, Safety Information - http://www.tdi.texas.gov/wc/safety/. State programs and services to educate Texas employees and employers on safe work practices and the prevention of occupational injuries and illnesses, including free safety and health consultations; free safety training video loans, training materials, and publications; regional and customized onsite safety training; and occupational injury, illness, and fatality data analysis.
Safety Violations Hotline - http://www.tdi.texas.gov/wc/safety/document/employerhotline.pdf - A program of the Texas Department of Insurance, Division of Workers' Compensation, this hotline receives reports of safety violations, and works with employers and workers' compensation insurance carriers to eliminate hazardous working conditions.
Healthcare Licensing Boards
- Texas Medical Board http://www.tmb.state.tx.us/ Providing licensure, discipline, and education to medical doctors (M.D.) and doctors of osteopathy (D.O.)
- Board of Chiropractic Examiners http://www.tbce.state.tx.us/ Providing licensure, discipline, and education to chiropractors (D.C.)
- Texas Optometry Board http://www.tob.state.tx.us/ Providing licensure, discipline, and education to optometrists (O.D.)
- Board of Pharmacy http://www.tsbp.state.tx.us/ Responsible for the licensure and discipline of Texas pharmacists and pharmacies.
- State Board of Dental Examiners http://www.tsbde.state.tx.us/ - The mission of the State Board of Dental Examiners is to safeguard the dental health of Texans.
- State Board of Podiatric Examiners http://www.foot.state.tx.us/ Responsible for licensing podiatric physicians and regulating podiatric medicine in Texas.
- Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy Examiners, Executive Council of http://www.ecptote.state.tx.us/ The mission of the Executive Council is to protect the health of those in Texas who find themselves in need of physical therapy or occupational therapy services.
Other Helpful Links
- State Bar of Texas http://www.texasbar.com/ - The State Bar of Texas is an administrative agency of the judicial branch in Texas. Every licensed attorney is a member of the State Bar, which provides a wide array of services to its members and the public. There is also an attorney referral service available on this site.
Texas Health and Human Services Commission. Your Texas Benefits at https://yourtexasbenefits.com/ssp/SSPHome/ssphome.jsp . This website is an easy and secure way to apply for Texas benefit programs. This site also allows you to check your benefits account. Texas benefits include: Medicaid, SNAP food benefits, TANF cash help, and nursing home care and other services for people who are elderly or have disabilities. The Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) is the agency that oversees these benefit programs and YourTexasBenefits.com.